Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Pump, pump, pump it up!

I had no idea what exactly went into pumping while working full time before I was actually doing it. It's been a journey that has been rewarding but time consuming. From having to push for a better process at work to making sure it is my priority in my daily schedule, I am proud to say I have made it almost 8 months! I am very lucky in how flexible and understanding my job and managers are, but when you have meetings, projects and other things constantly going on in your day, it becomes hard to stop whatever you are doing and make it your priority. Here are some things that have kept me going and motivated. One great motivator was this blog all about what you are providing your baby each month that you breast feed; Timeline of a breasted baby. I knew I was providing great things to Gracie but I had no idea that I was giving her a wonderful foundation to her lifelong health. The second thing is that my body is doing very well after having a baby and I believe it's from breast feeding. (Although I still have a way to go!) I also love that I can still have that bonding time with her and that it is USUALLY easy to put her to bed at night with nursing. Also, just for an FYI, I tried two other pumps and nothing touches Medela in my opinion. It is way faster to pump with than other brands. Also, I was able to get my insurance to pay for the pump 100%, so if you are interested I'll explain. Oh, maybe that will be a future post instead!

Don't get me wrong, I don't judge other mothers who chose not to pump at all, or even for a shorter time. The one thing I have learned is every baby and mom are different, so each mother needs to decide what is right for her. So, for right now my new mission is to breast feed for one year. We'll see how it goes ...!

Almost forgot my favorite two products that have helped me pump...Hands-Free-Breastpump BraLansinoh-Breastmilk-Storage-Bags.

No comments:

Post a Comment