Thursday, December 5, 2013

Thrush, or yeast diaper rashes.

I'm telling you that I am getting worn out on this same story of yeast diaper rashes with Gracie. She has very sensitive skin, but even my daycare provider tells me that she gets them way more than the normal  baby. On top of this, many times my pediatrician tells me it's not yeast, but it's because it has almost gone away by the time I get to my appointment because I'm not going to let my baby go through pain for several days when I have medicine and the soonest appointment is days away! After talking with one of my good friends, and brainstorming with my daycare provider, I just know there is another answer. We have thought of the food I am feeding her (which I am thinking is no longer the issue, this entire time I have made homemade pure foods as well as breast milk.) The other option is the type of diapers I am using on her, maybe she is sensitive to a certain brand? (I am currently using Kirkland brand but was using Huggies, I may do a test soon to see what comes of the swap.) The third idea that my best friend came up with is the idea that what I am eating is effecting my breast milk which is causing these rashes on Gracie. This a great article I found on yeast diaper rashes. I'm not done doing my research, but I did love the information in this article. I think I will also post my question in a mom forum I am apart of on Facebook to see what other moms have to say. I can't be first to experience this!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck! Smart to try a change in diapers too, you never know! I feel so badly for little G. I hope she's not in too much discomfort. I wish there was something we could do more to help.

    ReplyDelete