Sunday, November 17, 2013

Momma T's Mock Shephard's Pie

I'm always looking for easy one stop shop-type of dinners that make everyone happy. This one I was able to get from my fabulous mother in law and she calls it 'Momma T's Mock Shephard's Pie." Not only is this super easy to make and tasty, but most of these ingredients I tend to have on hand in my pantry; always a plus! I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do.


Prepare mashed potatoes.
1lb. Ground beef
Small yellow onion
Garlic to taste
Salt and pepper to taste
1 can cut green beans, drained
1 can Campbell's tomato soup and a little milk.
Cheddar cheese

Brown the ground beef with chopped onion and garlic. Drain any fat please. Add tomato soup and a little milk to meat. Place meat mixture in greased casserole dish. Add on top of meat mixture the green beans. Top with mashed potatoes and top potatoes with grated cheese. Bake 350 degrees uncovered until heated and bubbly. Yummy. I have made with ground turkey too.

Happy cooking :)

No comments:

Post a Comment