Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Give me a break!

March was a tough  month for me mentally and physically; I literally couldn't catch a break. Work was nuts, my daughter got super sick, my husband and myself ended up on meds... and then my sickness didn't go away. Back onto meds after a week of hearing loss and them my daughter starts teething hard. More missed sleep... and what do I start to think about? How I have gained three pounds and I really need to get back to eating healthy and why in the world haven't I been working out? I got really hard on myself and made this big plan in my head about getting up early in the mornings to get on my workout bike before I shower and before my daughter gets up. I was super motivated and ready to do this; and then that same night I was up every hour with my daughter and her crying and screaming from those darn teeth. Then I ended up asleep on the floor with her, then the couch, then walking for 45 minutes rocking her. The next morning I hit snooze an unreasonable amount of times and I'm pretty sure I was 15 minutes late to work and you want to know what I realized? That I need to give myself a break.  I'm not Wonder Woman, I can't do it all in one day; that my sleep and sanity is more important than three pounds and fitting just a bit better in my jeans right now. That I already do A LOT in my day and I need to just give myself a break. I know I put a lot of self pressure on myself for what I expect but I also think there is so much pressure in society for moms, working and not, to do it all and look super sexy while doing it. Well, I'm here to say it's not possible unless you have a total nervous breakdown by the end of it. I'm ok that right now my biggest need is my family and my daughter and getting through all these little "things" this month. That I need sleep more and that one day my working out and eating right self will be back.

1 comment:

  1. You are so right! A couple weeks ago I was consistently going out to run every morning and I loved it. Then we just started battling the sicknesses as well! It's all I can do to make it through the day taking care of these kids! The working out will be there, once we're well. Thanks for posting this, great!

    ReplyDelete